Hackers. Slow Motion. Snow. Here’s a little round up of links from around the web you may have missed this week:
- Random Hacks of Kindness: a two-day competition of more than 1,000 software engineers solving problems that arise during humanitarian crises.
- Marvel at some of the entries to National Geographic’s photography contest.
- Restaurateur Jean-Gorges Vongerichten’s half-Korean wife, Maria Vongerichten, has a new PBS show called “The Kimchi Chronicles,” in which she eats her way through South Korea.
- What happens when you put a slow-motion camera on a fast moving train? Watch.
- Have you had your first snow of the year yet?
- Jim Wallis says it best: DREAMS should not be illegal.
There's been considerable rain where we live in Haiti, and there are also wind gusts. I fear for folks in Leogane and elsewhere who are vulnerable to flooding.
Watch the video below of CNN's coverage of Jim Wallis and other faith leaders as they tour the Gulf Coast on a trip sponsored by the Sierra Club. (For live updates, follow @jimwallis on Twitter.)