How do I contact Sojourners’ donor services team?
To speak to someone on our donor services team, please call 202-745-4644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can I mail my donation check?
Checks can be mailed to our secure lockbox at:
P.O. Box 70730
Washington, DC 20024-0730
P.O. Box 70730
Washington, DC 20024-0730
Is my gift tax-deductible?
Sojourners is a 501(c)(3) organization and your gifts are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Please contact a tax advisor for specific deductibility rules.
Will I receive a receipt for my gift?
If you mail your gift, Sojourners will mail you an official acknowledgement for your records. If you make your donation online, you will be sent an email with an official receipt.
What is Sojourners’ federal taxpayer ID number?
Sojourners’ EIN, or federal taxpayer ID number, is 23-7380554.
How do I make changes to my Sustainers Circle membership or monthly gift, such as changing the credit card or bank information, changing the amount of the recurring gift, or cancelling a monthly gift?
You can do all of these things online through our supporter hub.
How can I change my address or contact information?
Your contact information can also be updated online through the supporter hub. Alternatively, you can call our Donor Services Assistant at 202-745-4644 or email the changes to email@example.com.
Will I get a complimentary subscription to Sojourners magazine if I make a donation?
Yes, by giving a monthly donation through the Sojourners Sustainers Circle, you will receive a complimentary subscription to the print, online, and digital editions of Sojourners magazine. Join here.
Can I give my complimentary Sojourners magazine subscription to a friend?
Yes, to send your copy of Sojourners magazine to a friend instead of receiving it as part of your Sustainers Circle membership, please call our Circulation Assistant at 202-745-4631 and provide the gift recipient’s name, email address, and mailing address. If you would like to purchase a gift subscription for a friend in addition to your own, visit our gift subscription page.
Does Sojourners participate in workplace giving campaigns?
Yes, if you’re a federal or state employee, you can support Sojourners through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) by using Sojourners’ identification code #12191. You can also check with your local United Way campaign for more information on how to support Sojourners.
Do you accept matching gifts from companies?
Yes, we accept matching gifts. Talk to your employer to see if they will match your gift and what you need to do.
Can I make a planned gift to Sojourners?
We accept a variety of planned giving options: charitable bequests, charitable gift annuities, a life insurance policy, gifts from retirement plans, appreciated securities, and charitable reminder trusts. For more information, please visit our planned giving page.
Can I make a gift of stock to Sojourners?
Yes, click here to download instructions along with a sample letter for your broker.
How can I make a gift in honor or in memorial of someone?
Memorial giving is a meaningful way to recognize significant life events and people while supporting Sojourners. We will notify your honoree or their family of your gift with your choice of either a mailed card or an e-card. A separate acknowledgment will be mailed to you for your tax records. Click here to give online.
How can I obtain a copy of Sojourners’ annual report?
Sojourners Magazine Subscriptions
Becoming a Subscriber
How do I subscribe?
You can find out more about our subscription options here. We offer both print + digital and digital only subscriptions. Take a look to find what fits best for you!
I want to save on paper and shipping. Can I just access your content digitally?
The Sojourners team (and our Earth) thank you for your care. Our digital subscription is what you’re looking for. It includes access to the current magazine and the full archives, back to 1971. Subscribe here.
Can I gift a subscription to my friend?
Sharing is caring! We would love for you to share our work with your loved ones. Gift a subscription here.
I need multiple copies of Sojourners for my organization. How do I order that?
Sojourners magazine is great for Bible studies or small groups, and is the perfect way to introduce your congregation to justice issues. Use this link to order a bulk subscription.
What forms of payment do you accept?
For folks subscribing on our website, we accept MasterCard, Visa, and American Express. Mail checks to: Sojourners Magazine, PO Box 48, Congers, NY 10920-9856.
Can I subscribe to Sojourners if I live outside of the United States?
All are welcome to subscribe! Additional information regarding our different subscription options and international pricing can be found on our subscribe page.
There is a particular issue of Sojourners that I want a physical copy of. Can I do that in addition to or without a regular subscription?
Yes! Go to our Archive page to browse past issues. When you see the edition that you want, select “Buy Issue” underneath the cover image to purchase it.
Do I need a subscription to access articles on sojo.net?
A variety of web-only articles are free to read with a subscription, including those under Our Latest. Articles published by Sojourners magazine are available to paid subscribers only.
Managing Your Subscription
I can’t seem to log in. What do I do?
- Have you logged in on sojo.net before? Having a Sojourners subscription doesn’t automatically create an account for you on sojo.net. If you haven’t registered on sojo.net, you will need to do that first. Register here and make sure to include your subscription number so that you can gain access to our online content.
- If you’ve logged in before but don’t recall your password, you can request a new password here.
- If you’re still having issues, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to help further.
I’ve logged in before but can’t remember my password. Can I reset it?
You can request a new password here. Please note that having a Sojourners subscription doesn’t automatically create an account for you on sojo.net. If you haven’t registered on our website before, you’ll need to do that. If you enter an email address that hasn’t been registered on our website, you don’t receive a new password email.
I don’t know my subscription number. Where can I find that?
- If you’re a print subscriber, you can find your subscription number on your mailing address. For example: include image of mailing address with subscription number highlighted
- If you’re logged into your account, click on “ACCOUNT” at the top of our website and then select the orange “Edit User Account” button. Your Magazine Subscription Number will appear in the section below your first and last name. Need to make sure this is accurate for a regular subscriber, because I’m not sure if my account would show something different.
- If you can’t find your subscription number in either of those places, send us an email at email@example.com with your name and mailing address, and we will find it for you.
I’m moving and want to make sure my magazine gets sent to the right place. How to I change my address?
- First, make sure that you are logged in on sojo.net. Then, on our subscribe page, select “Update My Address” from the dropdown menu and select “Choose” in the orange box.
- If you are having issues logging into your account, you can find additional instructions above. If you still have questions, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist you.
How can I change my subscription type from print to digital or vice versa?
Email us at email@example.com, and we would be happy to make this change to your account.
Preaching the Word
What is Preaching the Word?
Preaching the Word helps you prepare justice-focused sermons, contemplate reflections on the weekly scriptures, and access radical spiritual content. Find more about our sermon preparation tool here.
How do I subscribe to Preaching the Word?
Go to our Preaching the Word subscription page to find out more about pricing options and to sign up.
Where can I access Preaching the Word content?
How to access your Preaching the Word:
- To access your Preaching the Word account on the Sojourners website you first need to log in here.
- If you have forgotten your password click here.
- To manage your account, click MY ACCOUNT after logging in.
- After logging in you can access your Preaching the Word account by clicking the QUICK LINKS tab on the upper left corner of the website and choosing Preaching the Word
What is SojoAction?
SojoAction is the faith-rooted advocacy side of Sojourners. We are constantly working on and involved in putting our faith into action for social justice in issue areas such as climate justice, democracy and voting rights, immigration, women and girls, racial justice, and much more. Find more detailed information here.
How can I subscribe to your email newsletters?
We have several different newsletters to match our readers' varied interests. Learn more and subscribe to our newsletters to stay informed and inspired about faith and justice.
How can I submit an article to Sojourners?
We welcome pitches from freelance contributors. See How to Pitch to Sojourners for detailed instructions.
If there are any issues not addressed on this page that you would like to speak with us about, contact us here or give us a call at 1-800-714-7474.