My daughter has had a difficult time understanding Lent this year.
Since our fast began this past Monday, I've been re-reading one of the classic books on spirituality by my friend Richard Foster, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060628391?ie=UTF8&am
When I was in high school as part of my participation in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program, I had to write what was called an "extended essay" -- basically an essay of the (then) extreme
Last evening, President Obama forcefully defended his decision to launch airstrikes against Libya in or
Food Prices. Aurora Borealis. Fasting and Prayer. Here's a little round up of links from around the web you may have missed this week:
- Food and gas prices are rising again and anti-hunger activists are calling for financial reform.
- Artist Theo Jansen has created skeletal creatures out of plastic pipes that are able to walk on wind and subsist on their own. Watch the footage. (It's incredible!)
- Don't have time to watch the aurora borealis in Russia for a week? Yeah, me neither.
- Would you dare eat pie in the sky?
- A brief history of movie title design. (How many of these have you seen?)
- Lastly, we want to hear from you. What are some issues that are tugging at your heart these days?
Reading the recent headlines of immigration news has hardly been uplifting, with multiple state legislatures attempting to pass http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/29/arizona-style-imm
Forty-six years ago, civil rights activists in Selma, Alabama began what they hoped would be a 50-mile march to the state capital of Mo
The United States has already spent $3 trillion on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.