1. The First Rule of Pastoring During an Outbreak: Tell the Truth
Do pastors have any unique responsibilities in the midst of an outbreak?
2. Coronavirus Will Also Cause a Loneliness Epidemic
We need to take both social distancing and the "social recession" it will cause seriously.
3. Community Without Communing: Resources for Virtual Church
As pastors and church leaders determine how best to shepherd their congregations during this health crisis, Sojourners reached out to those who have experience for their best words of advice.
4. God vs. Coronavirus
Religion is supposed to be a source of comfort in times of confusion and suffering. And yet everywhere you look, services are being suspended.
5. The Church's Role in a Pandemic
COVID-19 forces us to push back against the narrative of individualism and remember that we all depend on each other.
6. Coronavirus Threatens to Pose an Unprecedented Challenge to the 2020 Elections
Campaigns, parties and state election officials are scrambling to heed health warnings while safeguarding the democratic process.
7. Protect Your Mental Health While Practicing Social Distancing
Most people battling depression already feel isolated.
8. Fact Check: A List of 28 Ways Trump and his Team Have Been Dishonest about the Coronavirus
President Donald Trump has been comprehensively misinforming the public about the coronavirus.
9. The Time to Act Like a Community Is Now
COVID-19 is also testing our understanding and commitment to our interdependence as the body of Christ.
10. No Sick Man Is an Island
Americans need to shift from an individual-first to a community-centered mindset in order to fight the coronavirus.