Maryada Vallet 2-09-2011
The shooting in Tucson, Arizona has spurred numerous 'calls for civility' in the heated political tension of Arizona and beyond.
John Fife 1-24-2011
You can't miss the barrage of headlines detailing the drug cartel war in Mexico.
Elizabeth Palmberg 1-10-2011
As voting continues in South Sudan's week-long independence referendum, which started yesterday, here are a few key links to keep you u
Jeannie Choi 12-10-2010
Hackers. Slow Motion. Snow. Here’s a little round up of links from around the web you may have missed this week:
- Random Hacks of Kindness: a two-day competition of more than 1,000 software engineers solving problems that arise during humanitarian crises.
- Marvel at some of the entries to National Geographic’s photography contest.
- Restaurateur Jean-Gorges Vongerichten’s half-Korean wife, Maria Vongerichten, has a new PBS show called “The Kimchi Chronicles,” in which she eats her way through South Korea.
- What happens when you put a slow-motion camera on a fast moving train? Watch.
- Have you had your first snow of the year yet?
- Jim Wallis says it best: DREAMS should not be illegal.
Rose Marie Berger 10-25-2010
In the November issue of Sojourners, Rose Marie Berger reviews seve
Yvette Schock 10-19-2010
[Editor's Note: Myths and misinformation abound when it comes to the topic of immigration reform.
Becky Garrison 8-13-2010
When I saw news reports about bus ads protesting the http://blog.sojo.net/2010/08/05/who-wins-when-the-u-s-restricts-religious
Maryada Vallet 8-02-2010
In light of recent events in Arizona, I propose we lead in our communities where national and global leaders lag behind on issues of human rights and love of neighbor.
Nathan Schneider 6-02-2010
Three days have passed since the Israeli navy attacked an international Gaza Freedom Movement "Freedom Flotilla," intent
Cesar Baldelomar 5-28-2010
This past Tuesday, President Obama announced that he intends to send 1,200 National Guard troops to the U.S.-Mexico border.
Maryada Vallet 5-07-2010
"When we met the young lady in Nogales, the daddy in me wanted to take her to a safe place.
Maryada Vallet 4-21-2010
From the borderlands perspective, it has been a week of momentous steps both forward and back for immigrants.
Niemat Ahmadi 4-13-2010
As a Darfuri, I recognize the fact that this presidential and parliamentary election in Sudan is an important milestone for the implementation of the North-South Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA)
Maryada Vallet 4-06-2010
I recently guided a national group of evangelical leaders to the Arizona-Mexico border. The visit was momentous and timely for many reasons.