So, just to get it out of the way, I didn't get what I wanted for Christmas. No, not an iPad or world peace.
Greetings from Afghanistan.
President Obama has often been praised for his consistent support of families.
Last week, I joined a conservative talk show in Cincinnati to talk about Bernard Pastor, the 18-ye
Hackers. Slow Motion. Snow. Here’s a little round up of links from around the web you may have missed this week:
- Random Hacks of Kindness: a two-day competition of more than 1,000 software engineers solving problems that arise during humanitarian crises.
- Marvel at some of the entries to National Geographic’s photography contest.
- Restaurateur Jean-Gorges Vongerichten’s half-Korean wife, Maria Vongerichten, has a new PBS show called “The Kimchi Chronicles,” in which she eats her way through South Korea.
- What happens when you put a slow-motion camera on a fast moving train? Watch.
- Have you had your first snow of the year yet?
- Jim Wallis says it best: DREAMS should not be illegal.
In just the past few days, the U.S.
What a great year for books. I've been enjoying some new ones and some old ones lately. Here are a few in various categories.
When South Africa was selected to host the World Cup, there was much rejoicing and reflection on how far the country had come.
How many of us come from traditions where we have been told that women cannot serve in positions of leadership because Jesus was male?