Find out who is controlling the airwaves—play a rousing game of Media Monopoly Trivia. All the answers can be found in “Air Wars,” by Danny Duncan Collum, in the March 2013 issue of Sojourners magazine. Good luck!
- What is the full name of the government agency that regulates all media broadcasts in the U.S.? (Hint: Goes by the acronym FCC.)
- What is the second-largest multinational mass media corporation? (Hint: Think British phone-hacking scandal.)
- Which media mogul wants to control the flow of information in the U.S.? (Hint: The owner of the corporation referenced in the previous question.)
- Who is trying to buy up the Los Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune—two of the nation’s largest newspapers? (Hint: The guy pictured to the left.)
- Who owns Fox News? (Hint: Notice a pattern yet?)
Elaina Ramsey is assistant editor of Sojourners magazine.