One of America's greatest strengths is our diversity of faith traditions. New research suggests we're getting stronger every day.
- 85 percent of Christian congregations have a social ministry.
- LA has the world's greatest variety of Buddhist communities.
- 30 percent of American Muslims belong to the Nation of Islam.
- American Muslims outnumber Presbyterians, Episcopalians, or Jews.
- 45 percent of Christian churches have ecumenical worship.
- Detroit is the center of urban Islam.
- The first Hindu society in the U.S. was founded in 1894.
- 8 percent of Christian congregations have interfaith ministries.
Compiled from research at the Hartford Institute for Religion Research and The Pluralism Project.