In February, more than 30,000 people demonstrated in Washington, D.C., against the Keystone XL Pipeline. During his speech at the largest climate rally in U.S. history, 350.org founder Bill McKibben stated, “I’ve waited my whole life for this.”
Read the rest of Bill’s stirring speech in “The Battle is Joined,” featured in Sojourners magazine’s special climate change issue (May 2013). Join the battle to stop the construction of this pipeline. Check out the resources below to learn the dirty facts about Keystone XL.
Upworthy’s #NoKXL Video
Select KXL Articles, Blogs, and Resources from Sojourners
- Standing Up for the Earth
- Drawing a Line in the (Tar) Sand
- For God So Loved the World
- Keystone XL Would Divide Jobs, Conquer Low-Income and Native American Communities
- State Department's Latest Wrong-Headed Analysis of Keystone XL Pipeline
- The Washington Post is Wrong on Keystone XL
- HUZZAH!: Why Rejecting the Keystone XL Pipeline is Good News
- Keystone XL Pipeline: Debunking Some Myths
- The Keystone XL Pipeline: Game Over For the Climate
- Isn't the Keystone XL Pipeline in Our National Interest?
- Video: ‘Developing Tar Sands Means Losing Control of the Climate’
- Action Alert: The State Department is WRONG on the Keystone Pipeline
Garth Lenz’s Exhibit: The True Cost of Oil
Elaina Ramsey is assistant editor of Sojourners magazine.