- A variety of opportunities are offered for mature Christians, age 20 and older, to serve among the urban poor and disadvantaged in Ohio and New York, striving to combine a simple lifestyle with community living. A small stipend is offered; a one-year commitment is required. Contact Marianist Voluntary Service Communities, Box 9224, Wright Bros. Branch, Dayton, OH 45409; (513) 229-4630.
- Unity Acres, a rural Catholic Worker house offering permanent hospitality to more than 100 men, seeks a male live-in volunteer age 21 or older, committed to practicing the Works of Mercy and to community living. Volunteers receive room, board, and a small stipend. Write to Steve Dickhout, Unity Acres, Box 153, Orwell, NY 13426.
- Mennonite Board of Missions Voluntary Service seeks to place Christians committed to living in community, working with the disadvantaged and on peace and justice issues, and living a simple lifestyle within crosscultural settings. Room, board, and other benefits are provided. Contact MBM Personnel Office, Box 370, Elkhart, IN 46515-0370; (219) 294-7523.
- Volunteers are needed at a small residential therapeutic community for young adults with special needs in rural New York. Volunteers live, work, learn, and teach full time in the community, offering work training for handicapped residents in farming, gardening, crafts, and baking. An optional social therapy seminar is offered with full living expenses and some benefits for a one-year commitment. Write Triform Camphill Community, Triform Road, Hudson, NY 12534.
- The United Methodist Buffalo Mountain Retreat Center is seeking an adult retreat center ministries intern. Applicants should have gifts in hospitality and retreat facilitation. The center is a 32-bed facility serving the religious as well as the secular community. Send résumé to Rev.
Read the Full Article
Already a subscriber? Login