1. Tell the White House to Stop Separating Families
Tearing children from their families is traumatic and harms their mental health. It’s also not biblical, Jeff Sessions.
2. Five First Responders to the Pulse Massacre. One Diagnosis: PTSD.
“My head’s still not right,” said one paramedic who responded to the Pulse nightclub shooting two years ago. He and some other responders say their departments haven’t given them the help they need.
3. When the U.S. Government Snatches Children, It’s Biblical to Resist the Law
“For every passage in the Bible about submitting to authority, there’s another passage about a prophet calling out the authorities. Jesus Christ, himself, was crucified for subverting religious and political authorities.”
4. Exploiting Scripture in the Name of Jesus
This piece is not from this week, but it seems … relevant.
5. Oh God, They’re Putting Religion on the Blockchain
“ While the details of 0xΩ are a bit fuzzy, it’s basically meant as a platform where people can democratically design a belief system and use blockchain technology to exchange “sacred texts” and vote on the operations of said religion.”
6. Today’s Masculinity Is Stifling
“While society is chipping away at giving girls broader access to life’s possibilities, it isn’t presenting boys with a full continuum of how they can be in the world. To carve out a masculine identity requires whittling away everything that falls outside the norms of boyhood.”
7. When Jesus Went to Egypt: A Hymn for Immigrant Families
“And when they crossed the border,
They were allowed to be
Together – seeking refuge –
A Holy Family.”
8. The Difference Between Being Broke and Being Poor
Bookmark this Longreads illustration.
10. PHOTOS: Soccer Fields Around the World
Your moment of zen.