The movement that ended President Hosni Mubarak's 30-year autocratic rule has not only created a spectacular breakthrough for Egyptian democracy, it has bequeathed a priceless gift to the rest of u
Hackers. Slow Motion. Snow. Here’s a little round up of links from around the web you may have missed this week:
- Random Hacks of Kindness: a two-day competition of more than 1,000 software engineers solving problems that arise during humanitarian crises.
- Marvel at some of the entries to National Geographic’s photography contest.
- Restaurateur Jean-Gorges Vongerichten’s half-Korean wife, Maria Vongerichten, has a new PBS show called “The Kimchi Chronicles,” in which she eats her way through South Korea.
- What happens when you put a slow-motion camera on a fast moving train? Watch.
- Have you had your first snow of the year yet?
- Jim Wallis says it best: DREAMS should not be illegal.