Sojourners, in partnership with Howard University School of Divinity, is pleased to announce Theology, Racialized Policing, and Justice Reform Cohort Program, a non-degree certificate program beginning in June 2022. This virtual cohort builds upon Sojourners' previous Thriving in Ministry initiatives in key regions throughout the nation and explores the intersections of issues at the heart of Sojourners' mission: racial justice, racialized policing, and justice reform. Deadline to apply is June 20, 2022.
We are pleased to partner with Howard University School of Divinity to equip Black pastors and leaders with theological and practical resources that will better enable them to thrive in their local ministry contexts and to respond effectively on multiple levels to the pastoral crises happening in their communities.
Beginning this Summer and taking place over seven weeks, the cohort will launch with a virtual retreat to encourage relationship building among participants. That will be followed in subsequent weeks by 90-minute virtual instructional sessions that are rooted in theology and praxis. All classes will take place Thursday evenings beginning at 6:30 p.m. EST.
Program Dates: June 25, 2022- August 4, 2022
- June 25: Overview of Program; A New Biblical Anthropology; Justice Reform, and Reimagining Policing and Public Safety; Storytelling
- June 30: Biblical and Theological Foundations
- July 7: Historical Foundations; Preaching, Teaching, and Worship Resources; the Current State of Play
- July 14: Faith Leaders as First Responders; Advocacy and Media Skills;
- July 21: Multiple Marginalizations; Black Women and Girls Experiences; Policing Black Youth
- July 28: Psychological & Spiritual Impact of Oppressive Systems; Trauma and Resilience
- August 4: Closing Event
Program Cost: $750. Scholarships are available.
We invite pastors, clergy, and next generation faith leaders serving communities of color most impacted by racialized policing and the biases of the justice system to apply.
Deadline to apply is June 25.