Please change your bookmarks to: http://www.godspolitics.com
and your RSS feeds to: http://www.sojo.net/blog/godspolitics/?feed=rss2
After two years of a blog partnership between Sojourners and Beliefnet, we're moving the God's Politics Blog in-house to the Sojourners Web site. You can still go to www.godspolitics.com, which as been redirected to reach us at our new location.
Other than a new look and feel, you'll still find the latest commentary by Jim Wallis and friends "articulating the biblical call to social justice," as our Sojourners mission statment says. You will also find a few welcome changes and great new features, such as:
- More ways to access blog content, including links to posts by author, "most read," and "most commented."
- A "tag cloud" that represents the hottest topics on the blog.
- Separate RSS feeds for God's Politics, Verse and Voice of the Day, and our Daily News Digest (and more to come...)
- Advertisements that comport with Sojourners' mission and values.
And perhaps the most significant new feature of all--new comment software, including a new sherriff in town: YOU!
- That's right--we're implementing peer moderation, with the ability for readers to rate comments up or down as useful or not useful. Posts that receive too many down votes (no, we're not telling you how many) will be automatically removed. We know we're asking a lot of our readers--to rate posts not on what views are expressed but on how they're expressed--but we think you're up to the task.
- Of course, you can still always "flag" abusive posts for removal by our staff if something's obviously inappropriate.
- Plus, personal profiles for each commenter with optional attributes, including "avatar" images.
- And maybe best of all: Threaded comments. You can "reply" to a comment and your response will appear directly beneath it--rather than at the bottom of the pile!
We hope you'll continue to enjoy reading God's Politics at its new home!