- 30 women photographers under 30.
- My obsession with Detroit continues: The Ruins of Detroit, a haunting photo series.
- "Alabama, Arkansas, I do love my ma and pa ...." -- If you know how this verse ends, click here.
- An adopted Korean woman in Arizona is facing deportation.
- The push for bipartisan seating at the State of the Union address is gaining traction. (Send your own note encouraging members of Congress to sit with folks across the aisle.)
- Cornel West + Stephen Colbert = Seven minutes of brilliance!
- And finally, Mark Shields on PBS News Hour:
"There was one observation that was made this week I just have to pass on to you by a friend of mine, Allen Ginsberg, who is an historian up in Maine. And he said, this week, we saw a white, Catholic, Republican federal judge murdered on his way to greet a Democratic woman, member of Congress, who was his friend and was Jewish. Her life was saved initially by a 20-year-old Mexican-American college student, who saved her, and eventually by a Korean-American combat surgeon."
Jeannie Choi is web editor at Sojourners.