- Eleven women from the dangerous Ciudad Juarez/El Paso border region are staging a hunger strike in front of the White House demanding safety for women on the border.
- Are you pregnant? Know someone who is? You must read this.
- Most known executions are carried out in five countries: China, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and the United States.
- "The thing about Koreans, you see, is that our pecking order is defined by age -- which means that, for me, visiting a pedicurist of my same nationality feels like I'm pressing a sawbuck into my boss's palm, winking, then demanding he wax my brows. It is insane." (Keep reading.)
- Abandoned Houses: One Block in Detroit, a photo essay.
- Watch (with sweaty palms) as people in Tarragona, Spain compete to build the highest, most intricate human castles.
- The Jubilee Project: Help a cause. Make a video. Spread some love.
- "God's gift of generosity contradicts our parsimonious selfishness. God's gift of mercy interrupts our hard-hearted indifference. God's gift of justice exposes our systemic injustice. God's gifts amount to an inconvenient reality among us; they remind us that what we have come to regard as 'normal' continues a deep abnormality in which we may have no complacency." --Walter Brueggemann, in the November issue of Sojourners.
Jeannie Choi is web editor at Sojourners.