Giving up on Washington. Afghanistan. Kimchi. Here's a little round up of links from around the web you may have missed this week:
- A single wood fire yields lunch, dinner, breakfast, and lunch again. It's the 36-hour dinner party.
- Why you should use a kitchen scale instead of measuring spoons.
- Harper's Washington editor Ken Silverstein gives up stating, "I just no longer have the energy to cover Washington."
- Nine years ago, President George W. Bush announced Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan. Tell President Obama, aid, not troops, in Afghanistan.
- A napa cabbage shortage leaves South Korea in a full-blown kimchi crisis.
Jeannie Choi is web editor at Sojourners.