Here's a little round-up of links from the web you may have missed this week:
- The USDA announced some new rules that would level the playing field for small livestock raisers who are often squeezed out of the market by industry giants. (Joel Salatin might be happy about this.)
- Divorce can happen in clusters, according to a study published on the Social Science Research Network.
- A proposed amendment to the DISCLOSE Act exempts the NRA -- and the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence fights back.
- "Maybe, just maybe, God is in the silence." (Voices from the Gulf)
- The U.S. Social Forum in Detroit kicked off this week. Learn more about their alternative vision for our country and the world.
Finally, a reminder of Sojourners' comment code of conduct. To preserve civility and community on God's Politics, comments violating this code will be flagged and deleted.
Comment Code of Conduct
I will express myself with civility, courtesy, and respect for every member of the Sojourners online community, especially toward those with whom I disagree -- even if I feel disrespected by them. (Romans 12:17-21)
I will express my disagreements with other community members' ideas without insulting, mocking, or slandering them personally. (Matthew 5:22)
I will not exaggerate others' beliefs nor make unfounded prejudicial assumptions based on labels, categories, or stereotypes. I will always extend the benefit of the doubt. (Ephesians 4:29)
I will hold others accountable by clicking "report" on comments that violate these principles, based not on what ideas are expressed but on how they're expressed. (2 Thessalonians 3:13-15)
I understand that comments reported as abusive are reviewed by Sojourners staff and are subject to removal. Repeat offenders will be blocked from making further comments. (Proverbs 18:7)
Have a great weekend!
Jeannie Choi is web editor at Sojourners.