Sojourners Advertising Mission Statement
Provide honest, ethical, and professional advertising expertise and solutions in support of three objectives:
- Deliver innovative multimedia solutions to meet our advertisers' wide-ranging and ever-changing marketing objectives.
- Present to our readers a broad spectrum of products and services deemed valuable and consistent with Sojourners' vision.
- Develop, nurture, and grow a profit center to support the broader goals of Sojourners.
Sojourners Advertising Policy
Sojourners accepts advertising that is: (a) deemed valuable and inoffensive to our readers, (b) not inconsistent with the publications' objectives and editorial convictions, and (c) not incompatible with Sojourners vision and mission.
- All ads are subject to review and approval by Sojourners' Director of Advertising Sales, Director of Advocacy, editorial staff and/or executive management.
- Sojourners may accept or reject advertising at its sole discretion at any time with full reimbursement being made and/or request that changes are made to the advertising copy or pictures/illustrations. Furthermore, the publisher shall not be liable for any costs or damages if for any reason it fails to publish an advertisement.
- Sojourners does not guarantee, warrant, or endorse any product, program, or service advertised, unless otherwise indicated.
Sojourners Advertising Guidelines
- It is the sole responsibility of the advertiser to comply with all legal requirements relating to the marketing and sale of products or services advertised.
- The agency and/or advertisers represent that they are authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter represented in the ad provided
- Advertisements or digital landing pages may not contain Sojourners name or logo unless approved by Sojourners.
- The creation and content of an advertisment is the sole responsibility of the agency and/or advertiser.
- In consideration of Sojourners’ acceptance of such advertisements, the agency and/or advertiser will indemnify and hold Sojourners harmless from and against any loss or expense resulting from claims and suits based in the contents or subject matter of such advertisements.
- In the event of nonpayment, Sojourners reserves the right to hold the advertiser and/or its advertising agency jointly and severally liable for payment due to Sojourners.
- Specifications for advertisements are provided in the media kit.
- All advertisements published in Sojourners media outlets must conform to the conditions within this policy statement as interpreted by the director of advertising sales, the editors, and publisher.
Sponsored Content and Sponsored Email Policy
- Sponsored content is an article published on Sojo.net which contains written and visual content provided by and paid for a third party organization.
- All sponsored content on Sojo.net is clearly marked as sponsored.
- Sponsored emails, also known as solo emails or stand-alone emails, contain content provided by and paid for by third party organizations.
- Sojourners email subscribers who have opted-in to receive Special Offers will receive sponsored emails. Any subscriber that has unsubscribed from the “Special Offers” list will be excluded from receiving sponsored emails.
- All written and visual content contained within sponsored web content and sponsored emails are provided by the sponsor, and are not written or created by Sojourners.
- Publication of sponsored content and/or sponsored emails does not imply endorsement of the content or sponsoring organization.
All advertising correspondence should be sent to: