Sojourners is seeking a graphic designer to join our growing multimedia team. The graphic designer has a deep passion for print and digital content creation, designing on-brand graphics, and telling visual stories that focus on social justice and faith. This position will work with our multimedia team to create a variety of content for Sojourners’ digital and print publications, marketing and advertising materials, various organizational events, social media platforms, and overall organization needs.
- Create a variety of digital and print materials including in-house ads, promotional and fundraising materials, editorial illustrations, online article images, social media assets, and formatted resources.
- Become an expert on Sojourners’ brand guide, immersing yourself in our visual system, and building on it. In coordination with the art director, you will help refine the Sojourners visual brand across our website, magazine, advocacy work, and more.
- Work closely with the marketing team on overall brand management.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to assess project needs and deliver assets. Schedule and manage design meetings as needed to identify design requirements and timelines for various projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of experience in professional graphic design work.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop (After Effects and other Adobe Suite knowledge a plus).
- Motion graphics experience a plus.
- A proven track record of managing design projects and creating compelling work.
- Ability to pivot quickly to deliver needed graphics in a pinch.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams with varying needs.
- A passion for social justice issues with a Christian perspective.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Sojourners and an understanding of its place in the progressive Christian church world.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Graphic Designer search, Sojourners, 408 C St. NE, Washington, DC 20002. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position will be based in the Washington, D.C., office once it is safe to return; remote work, from anywhere, is possible until then, though EST hours may be required.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff and create an inclusive and equitable culture. People of color are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent benefits package includes fully paid health insurance, 20 days’ paid vacation, 401(k) Plan, and a positive, faith-based work environment.