Do you have a heart for social justice? Sojourners seeks a proactive, resourceful, and personable Office Manager to be responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the Sojourners office, including handling incoming phone calls and guests; sorting and distributing mail; providing internal tech support and liaising with outsourced network administrator; fulfilling accounting administration tasks for the VP/CFO; assisting the VP/CHRO with benefits administration; building maintenance; and ordering office supplies, onboarding new employees, and overseeing office equipment.
- Answer incoming phone calls and greet guests and visitors to Sojourners.
- Receive, open, and distribute postal mail, e-mail, faxes, packages, and special deliveries to Sojourners; send checks to Lockbox.
- Accounting administration duties (including Anybill Gatekeeper role, annual filings, enter AP data and automatic transfers into Sage50, audit review assistance, deposit records maintenance).
- Benefits administration duties (including semi-monthly 401k reporting and occasional insurance census requirements).
- Liaison with outsourced technology support for ongoing network needs and for onboarding new employees with computer and e-mail needs.
- Provide basic internal technical and AV support for office and remote staff.
- Monitor and order office supplies.
- Oversee and maintain office equipment, including telephone system; respond to building maintenance concerns and schedule repair vendors as needed.
- Research and make recommendations as needed for office systems upgrades and cost comparisons.
- Distribute and receive monthly staff timesheets.
- Schedule staff rotation of front desk coverage during lunch hours.
- Oversee maintenance of internal and external office appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years’ experience as office manager in a medium-sized office.
- Experience with and interest in maintaining our building and office equipment, assisting staff with internal technology needs, performing basic accounting and benefits administration tasks, and cultivating a welcoming office culture.
- Experience working with vendors for estimates, scheduling, and project management.
- Ability to work proactively, independently, and confidentially; conscientious attention to detail; and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) and multi-line phone system.
- Dependable, punctual attendance.
- Understanding and commitment to Sojourners’ faith-based mission.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or Office Manager Search, Sojourners, 408 C St. NE, Washington, DC 20002. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff. People of color are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent benefits package includes fully paid health insurance, 20 days paid vacation and 12 days’ sick leave, 401(k) plan, and a family-friendly, faith-based work environment.