Sojourners is seeking a Video Producer to join our growing multimedia team. The producer has a deep passion for journalism and video that focuses on social justice issues and religion. They will work with our multimedia team to write, produce, and edit a variety of content for Sojourners’ digital publication and advocacy work.
- Produce a range of video content for our online publication as well as projects for our advocacy and campaign teams. This includes pitching, writing, and producing documentaries, scripted call-to-action videos, motion graphic explainers, and other forms of media.
- Schedule and manage pre-production for shoots, story outlining, drafting questions, and conducting on-camera interviews and standups.
- Edit projects that were filmed in the field from freelancers and also from our in-house production team.
- Produce and/or edit audio stories for our podcasts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience in professional journalism or documentary work.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro (After Effects and other Adobe Suite knowledge is a bonus).
- A proven track record of managing productions and creating interesting video content.
- Flexible to pick up other duties as needed, such as shooting or motion graphics in a pinch and understands the needs of working on a small team.
- Highly motivated and doesn’t need a ton of oversight.
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once and operate under deadline pressure.
- A passion for social justice issues with a Christian perspective.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Sojourners and an understanding of its place in the progressive Christian church world.
Please send a website portfolio, cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff. People of color are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent benefits package includes paid health insurance, 20 days paid vacation, 401(k) plan, and a positive, faith-based work environment.