Job Function: The Multimedia Director manages the multimedia department, as part of the web team, to provide video, photo, and other digital media content for the Sojourners flagship platform sojo.net and other projects.
- Manage the Sojourners multimedia department.
- Shoot, edit, and post photo/audio/video content to sojo.net.
- Provide equipment and editing support for podcasts.
- Create graphic elements for social media and other digital collateral.
- Create Summit video resources and provide video/live stream support for The Summit.
- Deliver short video packages for a quick news turnaround.
- Represent Sojourners in film industry and professional groups, including potential multimedia funders.
- Pitch and develop longer-form documentary pieces.
- Help provide training/resources for our Facebook Live productions.
- Provide additional news coverage and culture support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications field and at least two years’ experience in multimedia communications.
- Small team coordination or management experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative products (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop,); working knowledge of entire suite a plus.
- Photographic and video proficiency (Experience with Canon C100 and DSLRs a plus).
- Experience with audio production (set up for radio, podcasts, etc.).
- Knowledge of AP Style a plus.
- Familiarity with Drupal content management system a plus.
- Ability to learn on the job and turn around projects on a quick timeline to work with the news cycle.
- Adaptable, self-starter, team player, be able to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Sojourners and an understanding of its place in the progressive Christian church world.
Please send a cover letter, resume, portfolio or demo reel, and three professional reference contacts to email@example.com or Multimedia Director Search, Sojourners, 408 C St. NE, Washington, DC 20002. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff. People of color are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent benefits package includes fully paid health insurance, 20 days paid vacation, 401(k) Plan, and a positive, faith-based work environment.