Do you have a heart for social justice? Sojourners seeks a full-time Fellowship Program Director and Human Resources Diversity Specialist to continue the 36-year history of this residential discipleship program and facilitate Sojourners’ Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) work.
Fellowship Program Responsibilities:
- Read fellows’ applications, conduct phone interviews, and match applicants with positions.
- Plan and coordinate weekly seminars and fellows’ orientation.
- Coordinate opening and closing fellows’ retreats and spring trip; and coordinate special events such as farewell party and welcome potluck.
- Meet regularly with fellows throughout the year to facilitate their discipleship experience.
- Coordinate meeting(s) with fellows’ supervisors and mentors for training and support; facilitate fellows’ evaluations.
- Coordinate with fellows regarding household structures (including house moves as needed), weekly house meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Liaison with organization leadership on the finances, needs, and long-term planning for the program.
- Liaison with fellows’ house owners for upkeep and repairs, lease renewal.
- Manage relationships with other volunteer-service programs in the DC area.
- Prepare and execute recruitment strategy for internal and external platforms.
- Coordinate and respond to semester intern and volunteer requests.
Human Resources Diversity Responsibilities:
- Work with Sojourners’ Diversity Committee and Executive Leadership Team to plan and implement regular DEI and other trainings for Sojourners’ employees.
- Work closely with senior leadership to develop and execute a DEI vision, strategy, and initiatives that span the programmatic work and internal operations of the organization.
- Create and facilitate opportunities for significant staff engagement on and participation in DEI initiatives throughout the organization.
- Coordinate distribution of Sojourners’ staff openings for maximum visibility among diverse faith-based, justice-oriented audiences.
- Assist supervisors with onboarding new employees, including training opportunities.
- Coordinate the three-month and annual employee evaluation process.
- Work with internal Personnel Committee to plan staff events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least three years’ experience in a project management and/or human resources role and participation in a volunteer/discipleship program, or related experience.
- Educational background that includes diversity, equity, and inclusion studies and training, theology, and faith-based social justice; seminary education a plus.
- Excellent written and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated experience in event planning, exceptional organizational skills, and commitment to working in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to think creatively and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Desire to work in a faith-based environment with Christians from a variety of racial, ethnic, and denominational backgrounds.
- Understanding of Sojourners’ mission, vision, and values; familiarity with the issues for which Sojourners is known; and ability to articulate the biblical basis of Sojourners’ work.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to email@example.com or Fellowship Program Director and Human Resources Diversity Specialist Search, Sojourners, 408 C St. NE, Washington, DC 20002. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff. People of color are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent benefits package includes paid health insurance, 20 days paid vacation, paid sick/personal leave, 401(k) Plan, and a positive, faith-based work environment.