Participants live in a shared household in Washington, D.C. Together, interns worship, share meals, manage a common budget, engage in weekly house meetings, pray, and experience life as an intentional Christian community.
Sojourners Internship Program
Thank you for your interest in the Sojourners Internship Program. The yearlong program combines full-time jobs in our nonprofit office with an opportunity to live in an intentional Christian community. Between seven and 10 interns are selected into the program each year.
Sojourners’ internship program is one of Christian discipleship, with an integrated focus on:
- Life and Faith: Participants live in a shared household in Washington, D.C. Together, interns worship, share meals, manage a common budget, engage in weekly house meetings, pray, and experience life as an intentional Christian community.
- Prayer and Formation: Sojourners’ interns participate in educational seminars, spiritual retreats, and mentorship.
- Work and Mission: Interns work full-time in the ministry of Sojourners. Each participant is placed in an entry-level position in one of our departments.
Application Qualifications: The program is open to anyone 21 years or older who is single or married without dependents (you must have a Social Security number). We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. Interns must commit to serve the entire program year: August 24, 2015 – August 5, 2016.
Compensation: Sojourners covers the costs for the community to live a simplified lifestyle, including housing, meals, local transportation and health insurance. Each individual also receives a $100 monthly stipend.
How to apply: The selection process includes a review of your application, a telephone interview, and an offer of a specific position in the program. Notification of acceptance will begin in late April 2015.
The application has four parts. Only completed application packets will be considered.
- Individual application
- Personal Essay
- Resume (cover letter is not needed)
- Three (3) Recommendation Forms: peer reference, clergy/faith leader reference, and employer reference. References must be received by March 1, 2015— the same day as the application deadline. Therefore, it is recommended that you notify your references as soon as possible to allow adequate time for your references to meet his/her deadline.
You can complete the packet using our online application process or by downloading the entire form in PDF or Word formats – all linked below. Applications are also available upon request by calling (202) 328-8842, emailing email@example.com, or writing to: Sojourners Internship Director; 3333 14th St. NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20010.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2015
Thank you for your interest in the Sojourners Internship Program.