- Community workers are needed for many North American assignments. Must be committed to Christian faith, peace and justice, and community living. Room, board, and other personal benefits are provided. Contact Mennonite Voluntary Service, Box 347, Newton, KS 67114; (316) 283-5100.
- A rural homeless shelter in Colorado is seeking volunteers to help with the needs of shelter guests, coordinate community volunteers, and assist in managing the community store. Room, board, stipend, and essentials are provided; Spanish would be helpful. Contact Lance at La Puente Home, Box 1235, Alamosa, CO 81101; (719) 589-5909.
- Come join us! We need folks to help with our work for the homeless and needy. We are an alternative social group based on Catholic Worker ideals. For more information, contact Bread & Roses, 1320 8th Ave. SE, Olympia, WA 98501; (360) 754-4085.
- The Coalition to House the Homeless is seeking a host group of at least two adults—one bilingual in Spanish—to live at Hospitality House in Elizabeth, N.J. The group or family is provided with its own apartment, and is responsible for assisting two families on evenings and weekends and the functioning of the house. Contact the coordinator for Coalition to House the Homeless at (908) 352-2966 or -2989.
- Mission-minded individuals or couple are needed to provide hospitality for weekend guests at a United Methodist retreat center in the Smoky Mountains. Housing and meals are provided. For more information and a complete job description, contact Camp Wesley, 329 Wesley Woods Road, Townsend, TN 37882; (423) 448-2246.
Read the Full Article
Already a subscriber? Login