- Short-term and long-term volunteers are needed to manage a home for elderly Mexican women in Malinalco, 40 miles southwest of Mexico City. Contact Mario Carota, Barrio de San Juan, Malinalco, State of Mexico 52440, Mexico; email@example.com; (011) 52-714-70269.
- Ursuline Companions in Mission seeks lay women and men to serve the poor with Ursuline sisters across the United States in education, shelters, soup kitchens, and AIDS ministries. Both short- and long-term positions are available; each includes a stipend and room and board. Contact Sister Beth Dowd, College of New Rochelle, College Center #155, New Rochelle, NY 10801; (914) 654-5270.
- Cafe 458, a free restaurant for people without homes, and Georgia Justice Project, a criminal defense and social rehabilitative service provider for indigent individuals, seek full-time volunteers. Benefits include room and board, health insurance, and monthly stipend. Age and race diversity are encouraged. Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Community of Hospitality, P.O. Box 89125, Atlanta, GA 30312-9135; (404) 525-3276.
- The Oakland Catholic Worker house of hospitality for Latin American immigrants seeks a bilingual house manager. Workers receive room, board, and modest stipend. People of color are encouraged to apply. Contact OCW, 4848 International Blvd., Oakland, CA 94601; (510) 533-7375.
- Rural homeless shelter in Colorado seeks volunteers to help with needs of shelter guests, family programming, maintenance and repair, or assisting in managing community store and cafe. One-year term, beginning in August or January, includes room, board, and stipend. Knowledge of Spanish is helpful. Contact Lance Cheslock, La Puente Home, P.O. Box 1235, Alamosa, CO 81101; (719) 589-5909.
Read the Full Article
Already a subscriber? Login