Do you have a heart for social justice? Sojourners seeks an experienced half-time Fellowship Program Director to lead, coordinate, and support our established discipleship program in Washington, D.C.
- Prepare and execute recruitment strategy for internal and external platforms; update fellowship application as needed.
- Read fellowship applications, distribute to supervisors, conduct phone interviews, and match applicants with supervisors; send offer letters for annual hiring of 10 fellows; write loan deferral letters as needed for new fellows.
- Work with colleagues and Summit/GA fellow to maintain SFP Web presence on sojo.net.
Fellow Discipleship, Orientation, and Support
- Plan and coordinate weekly seminars and two-week fellowship orientation.
- Plan and lead opening and closing fellowship program retreats at Rolling Ridge Study Retreat Center and oversee spring trip, including transportation; and coordinate special events such as farewell party and welcome potluck.
- Meet regularly with fellows individually throughout the year to facilitate their discipleship experience.
- Help current fellows connect with future vocational opportunities via Sojourners network channels and oversee the de-orientation process at the end of the program.
House and Financial Management
- Coordinate with fellows regarding household structures (including a house move as needed), weekly house meetings, and educational opportunities.
- Prepare monthly financial uploads to Anybill for household funds, commuter costs, and lease payment; approve fellowship program cost center bills.
- Liaison with fellowship house owners for upkeep, repairs, and lease renewal.
- Oversee house preparation and house shut down for each cycle.
Staffing and Leadership
- Coordinate meetings at least semi-annually with fellowship supervisors and mentors for training and support; facilitate fellowship three-month employee and end-of-year program evaluations.
- Liaison with organization leadership on the finances, needs, and long-term planning for the program, including supporting program fundraising as needed.
- Manage relationships with other volunteer-service programs in the DC area.
- Coordinate and respond to semester intern and volunteer requests.
- Assist with Alumni Network project, especially as related to fellowship alumni.
- At least three years’ experience in a project management role and participation in a volunteer/discipleship program, or related experience.
- Educational background that includes faith-based social justice studies; seminary education a plus.
- Excellent written and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated experience in event planning, exceptional organizational skills, and commitment to working in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to provide direction, think creatively, and take on new challenges.
- Desire to work in a faith-based environment with Christians from a variety of racial, ethnic, and denominational backgrounds.
- Understanding of Sojourners’ mission, vision, and values; familiarity with the issues for which Sojourners is known; and ability to articulate the biblical basis of Sojourners’ work.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Sojourners Fellowship Program Director Search, Sojourners, 408 C St. NE, Washington, DC 20002. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff. People of color are highly encouraged to apply.