Do you have a heart for social justice? Sojourners has an immediate need for an Immigration Campaign Coordinator to join our dynamic team providing initiative and support to Sojourners’ immigration campaign. This is a two-year position with the opportunity for extension pending funding.
Job Function: Activities and responsibilities include policy research and legislation tracking, writing and communications projects, relationship building and representation at coalitional meetings, and social media efforts.
- Equip and mobilize church and lay leaders around immigration related issues.
- Research policy issues, track legislation, and lead internal campaign strategy.
- Provide policy updates to relevant Sojourners staff on a regular basis.
- Attend partner meetings and immigration-related events as assigned.
- Assist with social media and online platforms for Sojourners’ immigration campaign.
- Lead rapid response efforts with media and communications staff.
- Organize logistics for immigration related forums, strategy sessions and speaking engagements.
- Draft content for monthly e-newsletters on immigration.
- Respond to constituent inquiries via e-mail and phone as needed.
- Provide administrative, publication, and scheduling support for national policy events as needed.
- Support the planning and execution of mobilizing actions and/or events, including rallies, marches, and/or conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of, and appreciation for, faith communities and faith-based advocacy.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in immigration policy/advocacy or with immigrant communities.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Experience working with social media and online communications platforms.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
- Previous advocacy experience preferred.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Immigration Campaign Coordinator Search, Sojourners, 408 C St. NE, Washington, DC 20002. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff. People of color are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent benefits package includes paid health insurance, 20 days paid vacation, paid sick/personal leave, 401(k) Plan, and a positive, faith-based work environment.