Sojourners is seeking a versatile Graphic Designer/Animator to join our online team. The designer has a deep passion for digital illustration and motion graphics for Sojourners’ faith-based social justice work. They will work closely with our online and magazine team to design images and videos for our editorial content as well as in-house ads and other graphic images for Sojourners’ advocacy work. This is a one-year full-time position based in our Washington, D.C., office.
- Play an active role in bringing Sojourners content to life via thought-provoking visuals in a variety of formats.
- Lead the visual creative development for 2D motion graphics for short explainer videos.
- Design layout and branding for various Sojourners’ events and projects
- Curate and design image headers for online articles and our online publication.
- Curate and design images for our digital magazine as well as assist with other editorial design projects on an as-needed basis.
- Work with our advertising team to produce in-house ads.
- Design images for our advocacy and campaign departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in design or graphic arts.
- At least 2 years of experience in graphic design and/or motion graphics.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- A unique portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of design principles, typography, layout, and color.
- Highly adaptable and understands the needs of working with various departments.
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once and operate under deadline pressure.
- A passion for social justice issues with a Christian perspective.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Sojourners and an understanding of its place in the progressive Christian church world.
Please send a cover letter, resume, portfolio and/or demo reel, and three professional reference contacts to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff. People of color are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent benefits package includes paid health insurance, 20 days paid vacation, 401(k) Plan, and a positive, faith-based work environment.