Sojourners is a 52-year-old Christian ecumenical organization. Through our publications, mobilizing, and advocacy, Sojourners articulates the biblical call to social justice. We have resourced and equipped millions of people from around the world to put their faith into action for social justice.
The Donor Services and Database Manager is a key member of the Advancement team. They have primary responsibility for managing Sojourners’ donor database (Raiser’s Edge), ensuring accurate entry of gifts into Raiser’s Edge, coordinating acknowledgement letters, and maintaining and reporting data. This position collaborates with the Director of Donor Services on the development and implementation of donor services strategies and database best practices; and provides departmental support for prospect research, state registration renewals, and special projects. This position will also steward a small portfolio of mid-level donors. This role reports to the Director of Donor Services and will supervise the Donor Services Assistant beginning in August 2024.
Sojourners is a hybrid work environment. The Donor Services and Database Manager is expected to work from Sojourners’ Washington, D.C. office two days per week
Operations and Data Management, Analysis, and Reporting:
- Serve as the Advancement Department’s database administrator; manage the department’s database needs, including communication with tech support staff, and support Director of Donor Services with database optimization projects.
- Ensure accurate data entry of donations received via mail, online, and other sources.
- Process donations and constituent information daily in Raiser’s Edge through the import/export plug-in, and serve as liaison with our plug-in provider.
- Manage weekly and monthly uploads of gift data from external sources into Raiser’s Edge.
- Merge duplicates in Raiser’s Edge on an annual basis.
- Coordinate the communication of all acknowledgments to donors, including preparing and sending monthly gift files for outsourced mailings and preparing letters as needed.
- Support the Chief Advancement Officer and Director of Strategic Gifts by conducting and optimizing prospect research.
- Work with vendor to manage Sojourners’ bi-annual state registration renewal applications for charitable organization status.
- Manage workplace giving program through HCROA annual application process and the Combined Federal Campaign.
- Provide special project support for the Chief Advancement Officer, the Director of Foundation Relations, and Director of Strategic Gifts as appropriate at supervisor’s request
- With Chief Advancement Officer’s guidance, prepare departmental meeting agendas and facilitate weekly meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Actively steward and manage a portfolio of 25-30 mid-level donors.
- In the future, supervise the Donor Services Assistant and their work to steward Sustainer’s Circle members and communicate effectively with donors.
- In the future, support the Donor Services Assistant in achieving their goals through collaboration, mentorship, and professional development.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience working with querying, exporting, and manipulating large data sets in Raiser’s Edge.
- 2 + years of development experience in a nonprofit setting strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple sources of data and meticulous attention to detail required.
- Enthusiasm about working collaboratively in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Team player with a can-do attitude and a passion for our shared work as an organization.
- Expert interpersonal skills; energetic; high emotional intelligence, and excellent management and coaching skills.
- Interest in working with a team committed to developing and implementing fundraising strategies for people of all ethnic and racial backgrounds.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities.
- Ability to train and answer questions from non-technical users.
- Support for Sojourners’ mission.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts email@example.com with the subject line Donor Services Manager or mail materials to Donor Services Manager search, Sojourners, 408 C St. NE, Washington, DC 20002. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff and create an inclusive and equitable culture.
Starting annual salary for this position is $50,000-54,000, depending on experience. Excellent benefits package includes fully paid health insurance, 20 days’ paid vacation, 12 days’ paid sick leave, 12 paid holidays, 401(k) plan with employer match, and a positive, faith-based work environment.