Do you have a passion for social justice? Sojourners has an immediate opening for a Donor Services and Database Manager.This position has primary responsibility for managing gifts to Sojourners, including acknowledgement letters, troubleshooting donor questions, and maintaining and reporting current data; collaborates with the Director of Donor Services on the development and implementation of donor services strategies and database best practices; and provides departmental support for registration renewals, meetings, and special projects. This role will report to the Director of Donor Services and manages the Donor Services Assistant.
For 50 years, Sojourners (sojo.net) has resourced, equipped, and mobilized millions of people from around the world to put their faith into action for social justice. We draw on a long and diverse tradition of Christians following Jesus and seeking justice, across different traditions and cultures. We reach more than 6 million readers annually through our award-winning monthly magazine, our online publication, and social media. The organization has embraced a commitment to applying a racial equity and inclusion lens to all its work, and strives to embody this commitment in its advocacy, publications, communications, organizing, and operations. We invite you to join us as we grow a movement focused on justice and peace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Donor Services Assistant in stewarding Sustainer’s Circle members and communicating most effectively with donors via email, direct mail, and phone.
- Supervision of this team member will include support in achieving their goals through collaboration, mentorship, and professional development.
Operations and Data Management, Analyzing, and Reporting
- Data entry of donations received via mail, online, and other sources.
- Process donations and constituent information in Raiser’s Edge through the Super Importer Exporter plug-in each day.
- Coordinate the communication of all acknowledgments to donors, including preparing and sending monthly gift files to C&W for outsourced mailings.
- Lead all Super Importer Exporter plug-in strategy communication with JMG Solutions, our online gifts plug-in provider.
- Provide accountant with budget code breakdowns for development revenue on a monthly basis.
- Manage weekly and monthly uploads of gift data from external sources (C&W, Charitable Impact, workplace giving funds) into development database.
- With Chief Advancement Officer’s guidance, prepare departmental meeting agendas and facilitate weekly meetings.
- Order supplies for premium mailings and create an organized system for large-scale in-house mailings.
- Serve as the advancement department’s database administrator; manage the department’s database needs, including communication with tech support staff, and serve as strategic lead on any and all database optimization projects.
- Manage organization’s bi-annual registration renewal applications for charitable organization status in various states.
- Manage workplace giving program through HCROA annual application process and the Combined Federal Campaign.
- Support Director of Donor Services, Director of Individual Giving, and Director of Strategic Gifts in planning, executing, processing, and analyzing donor appeals.
- Provide special project support for the Chief Advancement Officer, the Senior Director of Foundation Relations, and Director of Strategic Gifts as appropriate at supervisor’s request.
- Assist Director of Strategic Gifts, Senior Director of Foundation Relations, and Chief Advancement Officer with maintenance of media tab on donor records.
- Merge duplicates in Raiser’s Edge on an annual basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience working with querying, exporting, and manipulating large data sets in Raiser’s Edge.
- 1 + years of development experience in a nonprofit setting strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple sources of data and meticulous attention to detail required.
- Enthusiasm about working collaboratively in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Team player with a can-do attitude and a passion for our shared work as an organization.
- Expert interpersonal skills; energetic; high emotional intelligence, and excellent management and coaching skills.
- Interest in working with a team committed to developing and implementing fundraising strategies for people of all ethnic and racial backgrounds.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities.
- Ability to train and answer questions from non-technical users.
- Understanding of and commitment to Sojourners’ faith-based mission.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to email@example.com or
Donor Services and Database Manager, Sojourners, 408 C St. NE, Washington, DC 20002. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position will be based in the Washington, D.C. office once it is safe to return; remote work, from anywhere, is possible until then, though EST hours may be required.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff and create an inclusive and equitable culture. People of color are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent benefits package includes fully paid health insurance, 20 days’ paid vacation, 401(k) Plan, and a positive, faith-based work environment.