Do you have a heart for social justice? Sojourners seeks to fill the position of Digital Mobilizing Coordinator at a unique time in our organization’s history. Sojourners provides our audience with award-winning reporting, commentary, and resources, as well as opportunities to put faith in action for social justice. We are currently in the process of strengthening efforts to build a faith-based community equipped for both online and offline action and engagement. Working directly with the Executive Director and alongside other leaders, this person will develop and execute a national digital advocacy program in support of our mission and strategic advocacy and movement building goals.
The Digital Mobilizing Coordinator is a fast-paced, self-driven position requiring advanced proficiency in digital technology and strong interpersonal skills, including knowledge of movement and community building strategies and a commitment to agility and innovation.
- Devise and oversee digital strategies for Sojourners online/offline mobilizing program.
- Work alongside Campaign Coordinators, the Director of Campaigns and Mobilizing, and the Director of Advocacy to conceive, draft, and manage production of digital advocacy messages and campaigns, including monthly and rapid response action alerts using email, text, and calls.
- Conduct data analysis, testing projects, and ongoing research to continuously improve processes, systems, and strategy for innovative mobilizing efforts.
- Manage constituent advocacy database and serve as the primary point of contact for relationship with software vendor(s).
- Track media, messaging, and policy related to Sojourners campaigns to inform planning.
- Work closely with the digital team to support and enhance audience engagement and growth efforts.
- Support the planning and execution of mobilizing actions and/or events, including rallies and marches, and support campaigns-related social media management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong background in advocacy or political campaign organizing with knowledge of the intersection between faith and politics, social justice issues, and relationship to the federal policy system.
- At least three years’ experience in online organizing or campaigning.
- Proficient computer skills and prior experience with internet applications, including email, constituent relationship management, social networking, and web applications.
- Working knowledge of multi-channel organizing tools, especially peer-to-peer texting.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to align diverse, cross-organization stakeholders around strategies and plans.
- Ability to think creatively and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Sojourners and an understanding of its place in the progressive Christian world; comfort working in a faith-based environment with Christians from a variety of denominational backgrounds.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Digital Mobilizing Coordinator Search, Sojourners, 408 C St. NE, Washington, DC 20002. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff. People of color are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent benefits package includes fully paid health insurance, 20 days paid vacation, 401(k) plan, and a positive, faith-based work environment.