Our faith compels us to build a just future where everyone can thrive, and no one is afraid. SojoAction builds hope and creates change together with those who believe a more just world is possible.
Sojourners is in the process of strengthening a network of faith-rooted advocates equipped for both online and offline action and engagement through its mobilizing arm, SojoAction. The Digital Community Manager develops and executes a digital advocacy and mobilizing program in support of our mission, strategic advocacy, and movement-building goals. The Digital Community Manager is a fast-paced, self-driven position requiring advanced proficiency in digital technology and strong interpersonal skills, including knowledge of movement and community building strategies and a commitment to agility and innovation.
- Help identify, track, cultivate, and strengthen Sojourners’ external relationships with digital leads across the progressive faith landscape.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and/or engagement between Sojourners and the organization’s partners, including pitching content for social media, messaging strategy, action alerts, and more.
- Gather social media toolkits, messaging guides, and other materials and implement distribution through Sojourners/SojoAction email lists and social media channels.
- Increase, manage, and cultivate a robust online community of 50,000+ supporters.
- Design and implement strategy to grow Sojourners/SojoAction base of online supporters that are interested in our social justice and mobilizing work through digital advertising, organic social media, texting, influencer campaigns, and other digital tools.
- Collaborate with Messaging Team and SojoAction/Mobilizing Team in developing digital strategies for campaigns.
- Draft strong email campaigns and action pages that will help mobilize potential supporters and allies who will join us at the intersection of faith and justice work.
- Assist in the execution of rapid response digital work.
- Craft engaging digital toolkits for campaigns and programs and explore how new social media platforms and features can be used for organizing.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices for digital content distribution.
- Manage content and design of SojoAction website pages.
- Track and report on metrics and progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of relevant or applied experience.
- Powerful storytelling skills.
- Basic understanding of organizing principles.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience managing advocacy software (Capito Canary and Engaging Networks preferred), customer relationship management software, texting tools, graphic design tools (Canva), and social media management platforms (Buffer) and analytic tools to measure social media engagement.
- Graphic design experience preferred.
- Video editing skills preferred.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to email@example.com or Digital Community Manager search, Sojourners, 408 C St. NE, Washington, DC 20002. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position will be based in the Washington, D.C., office with minimum in-office days required.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff and create an inclusive and equitable culture. People of color are highly encouraged to apply.
Starting annual salary for this position is $50,000 to $65,000, based on experience. Excellent benefits package includes fully paid health insurance, 20 days paid vacation, 12 days paid sick leave, 12 paid holidays, 401(k) plan with employer match, and a positive, faith-based work environment.