Sojourners has an immediate opening for an Advancement Special Projects Manager to serve on our advancement team, which is focused on fundraising and earned revenue. This role will provide key administrative and project management support to the VP/CAO in the lead up and during the public phase of our first ever capital campaign and 50th anniversary celebration year. The successful candidate will be familiar with fundraising operations, highly organized and detail oriented, and have the ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
This is a full-time position, preferably based in Sojourners’ Washington, D.C., office.*
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with planning all aspects of the capital campaign launch and other capital campaign/50th anniversary events, starting with virtual events initially, and hopefully in-person events in 2022.
- Work with the marketing and multi-media teams to create and distribute invitations, announcements, and other capital campaign communications to the public.
- Document donor pipeline and task assignments; track prospects and maintain timelines.
- Research and identify corporate, foundation, and individual prospects.
- Assist as needed to schedule meetings, prepare talking points, assemble presentations, and prep VP/CAO, President, and Director of Strategic Gifts for donor meetings.
- Project manage the implementation of the capital campaign/50 th anniversary communications plan.
- Create and implement an organized system for sending pledge payment reminders based on pledge agreements.
- Acknowledge all campaign gifts and pledges in coordination with the Donor Services and Database Manager.
- Assist with writing campaign correspondence including solicitation proposals, meeting requests, email updates, and meeting follow up.
- Prepare agendas/materials for Board Capital Campaign/Development Committee meetings, document minutes, and follow up to ensure completion of action items.
- Maintain master campaign calendar to maximize cultivation events and keep campaign committee on track.
- Enter notes in database to track conversations and meetings.
- Work with Donor Services and Database Manager to ensure pledges are entered into the database and assigned to gift payments correctly as they are received.
- Follow up with pledge commitments and past-due pledges.
- Prepare and update dashboards to show progress of campaign.
- Work with development team to ensure that gifts are acknowledged with appropriate recognition and appreciation.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous experience in a fundraising administrative support role.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or another fundraising database.
- Project management experience.
- Experience planning and implementing engagement events for high net worth individuals preferred.
- Familiarity with online donor and foundation research tools preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to be self-directed as well as collaborate with staff colleagues.
*We prefer this position to be based in the Washington, D.C., office once it is safe to return; remote work, from anywhere, is the default until then, though EST hours may be required.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to email@example.com with subject line “Advancement Special Projects Manager.” Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff and create an inclusive and equitable culture. People of color are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent benefits package includes fully paid health insurance, 20 days paid vacation, 401(k) Plan, and a positive, faith-based work environment.