Participants live in a shared household in Washington, D.C. Together, interns worship, share meals, manage a common budget, engage in weekly house meetings, pray, and experience life as an intentional Christian community.
Sojourners Internship Program: Online Application
Thank you for your interest in the Sojourners Internship Program. The yearlong program combines work placements in our nonprofit office with an opportunity to live in an intentional Christian community. Between 7 and 10 interns are selected into the program each year.
Sojourners’ internship program is one of Christian discipleship, with an integrated focus on:
- Life and Faith: Participants live in a shared household in Washington, D.C. Together, interns worship, share meals, manage a common budget, engage in weekly house meetings, pray, and experience life as an intentional Christian community.
- Prayer and Formation: Sojourners’ interns participate in educational seminars, spiritual retreats, and mentorship.
- Work and Mission: Interns work full-time in the ministry of Sojourners. Each participant is placed in an entry-level position in one of our departments.
Before applying, please read more about the program and Sojourners’ mission here.
Application Qualifications: The program is open to anyone 21 years or older who is single or married without dependents and has a Social Security number. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. Interns must commit to serve the entire program year: September 2, 2014 - August 21, 2015.
Compensation: Sojourners pays for all expenses relating to housing, meals, and health insurance for the community. Each individual also receives a $100 monthly stipend.
How to apply: Deadline for applications is March 1, 2014. The selection process includes review of your application by several staff members, a telephone interview, and an offer of a specific position in the program. Notification of acceptance will begin on May 1, 2014.
Only completed application packets will be considered. The application has four parts:
- Individual application
- Personal Essay
- Resume (cover letter is not needed)
- Three (3) Recommendation Forms: peer reference, clergy/faith leader reference, and employer reference.
References must be received by March 1, 2014–the same day as the application deadline. Therefore, it is recommended that you notify your references as soon as possible to allow adequate time for your references to meet his/her deadline. You may notify your references quickly by using our Reference Notification Form.
Thank you for your interest in the Sojourners Intern Program.