CNN Political Reporter Peter Hamby  offers 10 reasons he’s hearing from Republicans:
1. Losing among young people, African-Americans and Hispanics.
2. Hardline immigration rhetoric during the primaries.
3. Superstorm Sandy hitting the East Coast and consuming news coverage the last week of the campaign.
4. New Jersey Republican Gov. Chris Christie’s praise for Obama in the wake of the storm.
5.The selection of Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan as Romney's running mate, when a Republican from a more winnable battleground state might have made a difference.
6. Some social conservatives claim that Romney's soft positions on abortion and same-sex marriage left grassroots Republicans uninspired.
7. The Romney team and his super PAC allies allowng their candidate to be defined early by Obama.
8. The decision to air a misleading ad in Toledo media market about Chrysler moving Jeep production to China during the closing days of the race.
9. The Romney campaign's "poor media buying."
10. The Democrats ground game – finding, persuading and turning out voters – was devastatingly better than anything the GOP had.