Shakira, Jude Law, Goldie Hawn And Lang Lang Join Education Emergency Coalition
Campaigning celebrities Shakira, Jude Law, Goldie Hawn and Lang Lang have joined the fight to get all of the world's children into school.
The Colombian pop star, the British movie actor, the American screen legend and the Chinese pianist have become members of the Emergency Coalition for Global Education Action. They are joined by world-renowned figures such as Archbishop Desmond Tutu...
Other members of the Emergency Coalition include:
• Raj Shah, Administrator, US Agency for International Development
• Alice Albright, CEO, Global Partnership for Education
• Strive Masiyiwa, CEO, Econet Wireless
• Kailash Satyarthi, Chairperson, Global March Against Child Labour
• Aliko Dangote, Chair, Dangote Group and Founding Member, Global Business Coalition for Education
• Jim Wallis, Founder, Sojourner
• Archbishop Desmond Tutu
• Ricken Patel, Executive Director, Avaaz
• Fred van Leeuwen, General-Secretary, Education International
• Isha Isatu Sesay, Anchor, CNN International and HLN
• Mabel van Oranje, Chair, Girls Not Brides