Friday Links Round Up: The Simpsons. Ethnic Studies. Walter Brueggemann.
The Simpsons. Ethnic Studies. Walter Brueggemann. Here's a little round up of links from around the web you may have missed this week:
- The Vatican says The Simpsons are Catholic.
- Speaking of The Simpsons, did you see Banksy's brilliant opening-credit sequence?
- Has fall arrived in your neck of the woods?
- The coolest bike ever -- is not yet available.
- Arizona's ban on ethnic studies leads to increased interest in ethnic studies programs from students.
- "I'm Undocumented": These young people are coming out "illegal" and challenging unjust laws.
- "While God's gifts are welcome, in fact they do disrupt. God's gift of truth disrupts our systemic mendacity that denies our lethal social practices. God's gift of generosity contradicts our parsimonious selfishness. God's gift of mercy interrupts our hard-hearted indifference. God's gift of justice exposes our systemic injustice. God's gifts amount to an inconvenient reality among us; they remind us that what we have come to regard as 'normal' continues a deep abnormality in which we may have no complacency."
--Walter Brueggemann, Living the Word.
Have a lovely weekend.
Jeannie Choi is web editor at Sojourners.