Friday Links Round-Up
iPhones. Broken oil rigs. The World Cup. Here's a little round-up of links from the web you may have missed this week:
- The release of the iPhone4 inspires the Enough Project, Sojourners, Nicholas Kristof, and others to take tech companies to task on the use of conflict minerals from war-torn Congo. Steve Jobs responds.
- The Center for Economic and Policy Research provides a deficit calculator that demonstrates the effects of several future policy options.
- If you can stomach it, watch a live feed of the damaged BP oil rig -- on their site, or here. (Continue reading Sojourners' coverage of the oil spill.)
- Richard Twiss challenges the church for a truth commission on the atrocities committed against the Native American people. (Watch our video interview with Twiss and other indigenous theologians.)
- The World Cup is almost over. Who are you rooting for in the finals?
- Dear Men: Get a(n inner) life!
Have a safe and lovely holiday weekend. See you back here Tuesday morning.
Jeannie Choi is web editor at Sojourners.