Sojourners Advertising Mission Statement
Provide honest, ethical, and professional advertising expertise and solutions in support of three objectives:
- Deliver innovative multimedia solutions to meet our advertisers' wide-ranging and ever-changing marketing objectives.
- Present to our readers a broad spectrum of products and services deemed valuable and consistent with Sojourners' vision.
- Develop, nurture, and grow a profit center to support the broader goals of Sojourners.
Sojourners Advertising Policy
Sojourners accepts advertising that is: (a) deemed valuable and inoffensive to our readers, (b) not inconsistent with the publications' objectives and editorial convictions, and (c) not incompatible with Sojourners vision and mission.
- All ads are subject to review and approval by Sojourners' Director of Advertising Sales, Director of Advocacy, editorial staff and/or executive management.
- Sojourners may accept or reject advertising at its sole discretion at any time with full reimbursement being made and/or request that changes are made to the advertising copy or pictures/illustrations. Furthermore, the publisher shall not be liable for any costs or damages if for any reason it fails to publish an advertisement.
- Sojourners does not guarantee, warrant, or endorse any product, program, or service advertised, unless otherwise indicated.
Sojourners Advertising Guidelines
- It is the sole responsibility of the advertiser to comply with all legal requirements relating to the marketing and sale of products or services advertised.
- The agency and/or advertisers represent that they are authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter represented in the ad provided.
- In consideration of Sojourners’ acceptance of such advertisements, the agency and/or advertiser will indemnify and hold Sojourners harmless from and against any loss or expense resulting from claims and suits based in the contents or subject matter of such advertisements.
- Full payment is due within 30 days of a signed contract.
- In the event of nonpayment, Sojourners reserves the right to hold the advertiser and/or its advertising agency jointly and severally liable for payment due to Sojourners.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing and are not accepted after the materials deadline.
- Advertising contracts must be fulfilled within one year from the first insertion. Frequency discounts are not retroactive or transferable.
- If a contracted advertiser does not complete a contracted frequency schedule, insertions that have been published at the contract rate will be recalculated at the frequency rate that has been earned, and the difference will be billed to the advertiser.
All advertisements published in Sojourners media outlets must conform to the conditions within this policy statement as interpreted by the director of advertising sales, the editors, and publisher.
All advertising correspondence should be sent to: