Supervisor: Web Editor and Chief Digital Officer
Sojourners has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to serve as Director of Audience Engagement to guide the growth of Sojourners with an emphasis on content promotion and communication with our audience. This position works directly with the Magazine Editor, Director of Advocacy and Communications, and Chief Advancement Officer to ensure messaging coordination over Sojourners’ platforms.
- Develop and implement, with the Web and Magazine Editors, marketing and communications strategies for content promotion and growth of Sojourners’ platforms, including print and online publications.
- Oversee the growth of and communications with Sojourners’ email audience.
- Oversee trends and analytics to implement best practices for audience engagement and growth.
- Manage audience response to Sojourners’ communications and publications.
- Work with Senior Director of Circulation to grow revenue and readership of Sojourners magazine.
- Work with the Online Organizing Associate to develop and implement online/e-mail campaigns based on the organization’s issue priorities to grow and deepen the engagement of the Sojourners online community.
- Convene a cross-departmental team with the primary goals of growing Sojourners’ online audience and online fundraising.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three years’ experience in marketing and communications, especially content promotion, message development, audience and readership growth and analysis, and strategic planning.
- Knowledge of building online and print audiences and communities.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and editing, and speaking comfort and experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills to handle several assignments simultaneously, attention to detail; ability to multitask and prioritize. Excellent interpersonal skills essential.
- Understanding of and commitment to Sojourners’ faith-based mission.
- Ideal candidate will have background in creative design and direction.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Director of Audience Engagement Search, Sojourners, 3333 14th St. NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20010. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff. Women and persons of color are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent benefits package includes fully paid health insurance, 20 days paid vacation, 401(k) plan, and a positive, faith-based work environment.