Supervisor: Director of Individual Giving
Start Date: January 26, 2015
Sojourners has an immediate need for a Donor Services Associate and Database Administrator to fill the needs of the Sojourners Advancement Team. This position will work directly with the Director of Individual Giving to maintain our donor database and enter all incoming gifts.
Job Function: The Donor Services Associate and Database Administrator has primary responsibility for managing gifts to Sojourners, including sending acknowledgment letters, troubleshooting donor questions, and maintaining and reporting current data. This position also provides departmental support for state registration renewals, workplace giving applications, meetings, and special projects.
- Data entry of donations received via mail, online, and other sources.
- Prepare and send acknowledgments and correspondence to donors.
- Assist the Director of Individual Giving and the Chief Advancement Officer with ongoing analysis of donor giving trends as requested.
- Weekly, bi-monthly, and monthly uploads of gift data from external sources into development database.
- Manage organization’s registration renewal applications for charitable organization status in various states.
- With Chief Advancement Officer’s guidance, prepare team meeting agendas.
- Manage workplace giving program through HCROA application process and the Combined Federal Campaign.
- Respond to and troubleshoot donor correspondence for non-monthly donors.
- Update monthly timesheet data for CFO and Director of Foundation Relations.
- Assist with reporting and data collection for the annual audit.
- Provide accountant with budget code breakdowns for development revenue on an ongoing basis.
- Serve as the Advancement Team’s database administrator; manage the team’s database management needs, including communication with tech support staff.
- Merge duplicates in Raiser’s Edge on a monthly basis.
- Process donations and constituent information in Raiser’s Edge through the Luminate Online plug-in.
- Oversee production of year-end giving statements to donors.
- Provide special project support for the Chief Advancement Officer, the Senior Director of Foundation Relations, and Director of Major Gifts as appropriate at supervisor’s request.
- Assist Director of Major Gifts, Senior Director of Foundation Relations, and Chief Advancement Officer with maintenance of media tab on donor records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 1-2 years of development experience in a non-profit setting, and 1+ years of database experience.
- Comfort with querying, exporting, and manipulating large data sets in a database; strong preference given to candidates with Raisers Edge and Convio/Luminate Online experience.
- Proficiency in basic PC programs (Word, Excel, etc.), strongly detail-oriented, and committed to seeing nuanced projects through to completion.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Sojourners and an understanding of its place in the progressive Christian church world; vocational interest in a fundraising support position a plus.
Please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three professional reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Donor Services Associate and Database Administrator Search, Sojourners, 3333 14th St. NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20010. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Desired start date is January 26, 2015.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff. Women and persons of color are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent benefits package includes paid health insurance, 20 days paid vacation, paid sick/personal leave, 401(k) plan, and a positive, faith-based work environment.