Supervisor: Senior Executive Assistant
Start Date: April 1, 2014
Job Function: In coordination with the Senior Executive Assistant, the Assistant to the President provides Jim Wallis with assistance in research and fact-checking for his books and other writing projects; support for classes, meetings, and speaking events including logistics and briefings; and schedule, administrative, and travel support.
- Provides research and fact-checking support for Jim Wallis’ book projects and other writing and teaching events.
- Prepares briefings and talking points for speaking events, in coordination with Executive Intern.
- Ensures the President receives all briefings, agendas, and logistics for internal and external meetings, as required.
- Assists with ensuring that internal and external deadlines for print and online projects are met.
- Provides research in response to external requests for sign-on to statements, letters, books, and campaigns.
- Sorts and coordinates daily scheduling and meeting requests with Senior Executive Assistant, including follow-up email and calls as needed.
- Sorts and researches speaking requests, in coordination with Senior Executive Assistant and Executive Intern.
- Assists President with technology questions for iPhone and computer.
- Staffs and travels with the President, including coordinating with the Senior Executive Assistant, CEO, Senior Director of Advocacy and Communications, Press Secretary, and Chief Advancement Officer; cultivating press, donor, and partnership opportunities while traveling; and processing receipts for event host reporting and reimbursement upon return from travel.
- Other duties as assigned by the President and Senior Executive Assistant.
- Bachelor’s degree, including research and editorial experience.
- Executive travel assistance experience, including technology expertise, scheduling aptitude, discretion, and experience handling receipts and reimbursements.
- Understanding of Sojourners’ mission, vision, and values; familiarity with the issues for which Sojourners and Jim Wallis are known; and ability to articulate the biblical basis for Sojourners’ work.
- Strong self-starter who is comfortable taking initiative; resourceful problem-solver.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, mobile devices, and computers, and exceptional attention to detail.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Assistant to the President Search, Sojourners, 3333 14th St. NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20010. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff. Persons of color are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent benefits package includes fully paid health insurance, 20 days paid vacation, 401(k) plan, and a positive, faith-based work environment.