Supervisor: Director of Advertising Sales
Sojourners’ publications, including our flagship Sojourners magazine and digital outlets, reach more than 1.5 million readers annually. The advertising team connects our audience--and the companies who want to reach them--with their interests and communities.
If you have a passion for social justice, enjoy discussing books, theological study, and activism, and have marketing savvy, a position as an Advertising Sales Associate might be right for you. You will engage with an exciting group of existing clients and reach out to new potential advertisers. Each member of the sales team works toward individual goals, while working in a team-based environment. The advertising sales team members are supported by our sales training, coaching, and first-class materials necessary for success.
The primary duty of the Advertising Sales Associate will be to call prospective advertisers in order to close ad sales contracts.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with existing advertisers.
- Reach out to prospective clients, in and out of present client categories.
- Complete regular call and progress reports to update management on account activity.
- Create, edit, and finalize compelling sales presentations, proposals, and contracts.
- Frequent client outreach via phone, email, and social media networks.
- Ability to work toward and meet monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals.
- Maintain accurate records of client contacts, production materials, and contracts.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals.
- Familiarity with church and progressive faith-based networks and perspective.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Ability to think and plan strategically.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous sales experience and design experience a plus (Photoshop, InDesign).
Please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three professional reference contacts to email@example.com or Advertising Sales Associate Search, Sojourners, 3333 14th St. NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20010. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Sojourners is an equal opportunity employer that continually seeks to diversify its staff. Women and persons of color are highly encouraged to apply. Excellent benefits package includes paid health insurance, 20 days paid vacation, 401(k) plan, and a positive, faith-based work environment.